Monday, December 7, 2009

Celebrating Hanukkah & Christmas!




I know so many families that celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas that I thought I would highlight some books that deal with both holidays. When I was first in books there were not many titles that dealt with these two holidays. I am happy to say that there are more are more out there to accommodate the true melting pot we live in.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is No Such Thing as a Hanukkah Bush, Sandy Goldstein by Susan Sussman
This is the first book I ever saw that dealt with both holidays, it is beautifully written for an older child but would make a great read aloud for the younger set.
Light the Lights! A Story About Celebrating Hanukkah & Christmas by Margaret Mooreman
This too is one of the earlier books on Hanukkah & Christmas ----a classic & a must have.
The Trees of Dancing Goats by Patricia Polacco
Another wonderful story by one of my favorite authors...truly special.
Elijah's Angel: A Story for Chankah & Christmas by Michael Rosen
I love this book~always read at storytime...beautifully illustrated!
My Two Grandmothers by Effin Older
Sweet story about sharing a girl celebrating each holiday with her different grandmothers...
Christmas & Hanukkah by Elizabeth Dice
A nice nonfiction title that talks about both holidays to share!
My Daddy is Jewish & My Mother is Christian by Michele Lee Meyer
A great book that shows both faiths and how they can work together.
The Latke who Couldn't Stop Screaming by Lemony Snicket
Such a funny book by the "author" of the Series of Unfortunate Events books~great book to give as a gift to anyone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So to everyone who celebrates both: Happy Hanukkah & Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment