Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tim O'Toole and the Wee Folk by Gerald McDermott


Normally I would have been writing about St. Patrick's Day books all week. Since I wasn't able to that this year I thought I would just write about my favorite book to read on St. Patrick's Day. Now it has nothing to do with St. Patrick or why we celebrate this holiday but it is a great story that takes place in Ireland and a really fun read.

Tim O'Toole & the Wee Folk by Gerald McDermott is fun to read because of the way it is written. I am not one to do accents well but Mr. McDermott has written this book in such a way that the reader can't help but have a "wee" accent. I love how the Wee Folk help Tim O'Toole get the upper hand on his evil neighbors. This is a great tall tale and great read aloud!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment