Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Fun Day Book: Big Nate: In a Class by Himself by Lincoln Peirce

Big Nate: In a Class by Himself


I thought I would designate Mondays as "fun day"~ I am hoping that Hoda & Kathie Lee haven't trademarked because it has a nice sound to it.  

Big Nate: In A Class by Himself by Lincoln Peirce  original format is a comic strip, all about a boy in sixth grade and his adventures.  Sometimes the world can be a cynical place because some reviews and write ups about this book complain because they say it is just a comic strip bundled up to appeal to the Diary of a Wimpy Kid fan.   I think it is brilliant.  Why not take something that is already known and bring it to a new audience.   There may be kids who don't read the comics in the paper anymore or it is not available where they live....this is a great way to expand.   I also like it because they didn't just take the strips and through them together....there is a basic storyline and plot.   I for one was happy to see it because I know a few kids who once they finished next "Diary...." they had nothing else to read.   This really cute book gives them options.  

No comments:

Post a Comment