Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Cloud Spinner by Michael Catchpool; illustrated by Alison Jay - Hardcover - Random House





The Cloud Spinner by Michael Catchpool; illustrated by Alison Jay - Hardcover - Random House is a wonderful new book that teaches children  to not be greedy.   I love this story of a a little boy who weaves beautiful clothes out of clouds but never uses too many clouds until he is asked to do more.  This is a wonderful story of how excess can be destruct.  Michael Catchpool weaves (pun intended) a magical new fable that teaches without being preachy. As for the illustrations  I have  said this before but I am a huge fan of Alison Jay.   I just love her illustrations and these do not disappoint.   I really love her color palette and the way she complements the text.   This is a must have new classic ----for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment