Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chloe and the Lion by Mac Barnett illustrated by Adam Rex




Chloe and the Lion by Mac Barnett and illustrated by Adam Rex is probably one of my favorite new picture books.     It reminds of when in theatre, film or TV the fourth wall is broken---where the audience is brought into the story.  

I love the wordplay and how the story has two different types of illustrations. This is done  to offset what is supposed to be the story of the "picture book" and the "fight" between the author and the illustrator. It really is very clever.   It even has a subtle teachable message that doesn't become too preachy.   The collaborators really do work well together.   This is definitely on my list of must have new books.   I actually discovered this book by finding a video they did to promote the book....so cute I just had to find out more.   They really should take their "act" on the road.   I am including their video for your enjoyment....some things need to be shared!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Vote here!

No comments:

Post a Comment