Thursday, March 6, 2014

Me....Jane by Patrick McDonnell




While unpacking books yesterday at the bookstore I came across today's title. I have already written of my love for all things Patrick McDonnell before but I can't help writing about him again.  

Me...Jane written and illustrated by Patrick McDonnell is one of the sweetest picture book biography's I have ever read.  I think this is the perfect book to share with a child especially during Women's History Month.  Patrick McDonnell sweetly and simply tells the story of young Jane and her stuffed chimp named Jubilee.  He tells of her love of nature and helping animals.  She dreams of  "a life living with and helping all animals" --which she she eventually does. 

I love love love the illustrations in this book and the simple text makes it a perfect read aloud too. This is a must have for every child's bookcase....oh and for the classroom.  The lessons are bountiful from loving nature to following your dreams....a good lesson for anyone...no matter what age!  

No comments:

Post a Comment