Monday, February 11, 2019

I Am Human: A Book of Empathy by Susan Verde illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds

Everyday I watch the news and sometimes get discouraged about the state of the world.  Then I see something uplifting on social media or hear a story from a friend.  I especially like to hear stories of a former coworkers children because they always say something meaningful with out realizing it.

How do we teach children to be kind and thoughtful towards others?  It is not an easy task but I find books can help start the conversation.  

A few years ago I wrote about a book called I Am Yoga by Susan Verde.  I loved it's simplicity and authentic ideas.  So I was so happy to come across her new book that teaches empathy.



I Am Human:A Book of Empathy by Susan Verde and art by Peter H. Reynolds is a wonderful book that sweetly and simply shows how we should all strive for empathy.  I have always been a fan of Peter Reynolds illustrations and he did not disappoint.  He truly captures Susan Verde's beautiful text.  What better way to teach about following ones dreams but at the same time teaching that in order to realize our dreams it is to be thoughtful, considerate and caring to those around us. This book teaches an important lesson to not just children but everyone.  I not only see reading this to children but giving as a gift to anyone embarking on any milestone such as birthdays or graduations.  It can also make a perfect new baby book....a book to grow with.....

No comments:

Post a Comment