Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy National Punctuation Day!





I found out that today is National Punctuation Day! Being the sister of a former school teacher and now a published author has always been interesting. In a way it was great because since she was an English teacher all the papers I wrote would always get edited before I handed them in. Even now when I write something I usually send it to her to look at so she can edit it for me. I can't always send her stuff as she is busy writing but I always have her voice in my head explaining things to me. Ann has always been into grammer and language, she is the only person I know who actually liked to diagram sentences. So since today is really her day I am going to list some fun books that help not just kids learn to puctuate correctly. Needless to say she will read this and want to edit it. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Punctuation Celebration by Elsa Knight
Punctuation Takes a Vacation by Robin Pulver
Eats, Shoots, & Leaves: Why Commas Really Do Make a Difference by Lynn Truss
Alfie the Apostrophe by Moira Rose Donohue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment