Sunday, November 27, 2011

Reference Sunday: Ancient Egypt: Tales of Gods and Pharaohs by Marcia Williams

I can't believe the holiday season is upon us.   It has already been a busy few weeks.   Hopefully I will be able to post some great gift ideas for the children in your lives....starting with something I would have wanted as a gift when I a kid.

Ancient Egypt: Tales of Gods and Pharaohs written and illustrated by Marcia Williams is a wonderfully illustrated book retelling nine stories of Ancient Egypt.  I am not usually a person who likes comic strip type storytelling but this one works for me.   I think it is because the illustrations remind me of hieroglyphics,  which is a very appropriate way to tell stories about Ancient Egypt.  It is a very accessible and fun way to learn history.   Like I said I would have loved to get this as a gift when I was young....(oh who am I kidding I would love it now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment