Thursday, May 6, 2010

Books for Mothers Day!

You and MeJust Like Mama

Are You My Mother? (cloth book)

A few weeks ago I told you I had gone to a small independent bookstore near me that had just hosted Kathie Lee Gifford and her new book Party Animals.  While I was there I took a look at the books they had on their Mothers Day display.   I have already talked about the Tomie dePaola bk My Mother is So Smart but there were a few others that I liked on the table as well.  I thought I would suggest them as books to help celebrate Mother's Day.

You and Me by Martine Kindermans is a beautifully sweet book of a mother Goose and her gosling.   I was touched by the words as they reminded me of my beautiful Mother.   The illustrations are warm and soothing. 

Just Like Mama by LeslĂ©a Newman & illustrated by Julia Gorton is a new book from Abrams Books for Young Readers.  This is also a great book, the illustrations have a different and modern feel to them but the story is timeless.   This book reminded me of my sister Ann and her daughter Celia~it is a great book for moms & daughters. 

Are You My Mother (cloth book) by P.D. Eastman ~ this is a new version of one of my favorite Dr Seuss books.   I don't normally like when books are shortened for toddlers but this one is done extremely well.  Great way to introduce to toddlers the world of Dr Seuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment