Thursday, May 13, 2010

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Children's Book by Anita Silvey

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Children's Book
                                                         


This week is Children's Book Week.   It is a great time to remind us that children's books are more than just for children but can be for all.   I chose today's book not because it is for children per se but because it proves that most children's books have something to teach all of us~

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Children's Book by Anita Silvey is a great book to have around the house.   Anita Silvey, former editor and publisher, has gathered a prestigious group of people to explain what they have learned from specific children's books.   I met Ms Silvey many years ago and found her fascinating and passionate about children's books.   Her passion shines through in this book too.  This book would make a great family gift or graduation gift....

No comments:

Post a Comment