Sunday, May 16, 2010

Reference Sunday: The Journey That Saved Curious George : The True Wartime Escape of Margret and H.A. Rey by Louise Borden

The Journey That Saved Curious George : The True Wartime Escape of Margret and H.A. Rey

Today would have been Margret Rey's birthday.   I have a soft spot for Curious George.. I used to read the books to my nephew Daniel when he was little. Curious George is one of the most beloved characters of all times.  

The Journey That Saved Curious George : The True Wartime Escape of Margret and H.A. Rey by Louise Borden & illustrated by Allan Drummand is the incredible story of how Curious George came to be.   When I first heard the story of how the Rey's escaped Paris to avoid the Nazi's during WW II I was amazed.   The fact that they escaped on bicycles and made their way to New York truly fascinated me.   I love this book because it shows kids that sometimes real life is more exciting than fiction.   That people can struggle against all odds and succeed.   This is a wonderful biography for children and adults to read.  It is a different sort of biography in that is accessible and easy to understand.   Perfect for a reluctant reader who must read a biography for school.  

This book will be available in paperback in August~in case any child needs to read a biography before going back to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment