Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Harry and Horsie by Katie Van Camp illus Lincoln Agnew

Harry and Horsie


Last night I participated in the weekly kidlit chat on Twitter.  During the chat a discussion came up about covers on books.   I said that sometimes the cover doesn't matter especially since I had read plenty of books, usually young readers, before there was cover art or while they were in galley form.   That being said I do know that covers need to be good for a book to be picked up and looked at in the first place....especially picture books.   Which brings me to today's pick.

Harry and Horsie by Katie Van Camp and illustrated by Lincoln Agnew immediately caught my eye because the cover had such a retro 1950's look.   I was drawn to it and quickly picked it up to read.   I loved it ~ the story was so sweet and imaginative that I felt it was a perfect bedtime book.   I could see myself reading it at story time and it being a great conversation book with kids.  I think this is a wonderful book for any child's bookshelf....

No comments:

Post a Comment