Saturday, May 29, 2010

Burger Boy by Alan Durant illus Mei Matsuoka

Burger Boy



Apparently yesterday was National Hamburger Day~sadly I only found it out today.   But I also discovered that May is National Hamburger Month so I haven't really missed it.   Since it is also the Memorial Day weekend which is the unofficial start of summer I thought I would recommend a really cute book first published in the US a few years ago.


Burger Boy by Alan Durant and illustrated by Mei Matsuoka is a really great read aloud about a little boy who will only eat hamburgers.   The writing style is perfect for story time and the illustrations are really kid friendly.   I wish I had this book when I used to do books about food during story time.   I also wish I had this book for my nephews when they were younger~they were really picky eaters.   It is a great take off of the classic story of the Gingerbread Boy but even sillier.    Perfect book for the start of the barbecue season.     Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment