Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hot Rod Hamster by Cynthia Lord illus by Derek Anderson

Hot Rod Hamster

One of my oldest and dearest friends is a huge animal lover.   Growing up besides having dogs she always had a hamster.   I remember when we were in high school she got a new one after the previous one had died.  They don't seem to live very long.   Well imagine my surprise when I went to see her and she had I think ten cages filled with hamsters.   Apparently the new one she bought was pregnant and instead of giving them back to the pet store she kept them....something I think only she would do.   So any time I see a hamster or a book about hamsters I think of her.

Hot Rod Hamster by Cynthia Lord and illustrated by Derek Anderson is a really cute new book about a hamster who lives in a junk yard who builds his own hot-rod.   The illustrations are adorable~I just love the hamsters expressions.   It is also a great read aloud that gets the kids involved in the story.   This is great for all our little racing fans and animal lovers out there.   A perfect new book to add to a child's storybook collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment