Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: When Mama Comes Home Tonight by Eileen Spinelli illus by Jane Dyer

When Mama Comes Home Tonight                                               

When Mama Comes Home Tonight by Eileen Spinelli and illustrated by Jane Dyer is one of my favorite new classics.   First I love the cover and illustrations. Jane Dyer perfectly captures the love of parent and child in a beautiful way.   The words are soothing and rhythmic~a perfect bedtime book.   What I always loved about this book is that it was one of the first I had seen that dealt with a working mother.   I know some have said it isn't a realistic view of working mothers because most are too tired when they get home.  I argue that all mothers who work want to cuddle and spend with their children and this is the perfect book to help them achieve that desire.   It is a soothing and wonderful way to spend time with a child....

No comments:

Post a Comment