Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flashback Tuesday:The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant illus by Stephen Gammell

      
The Relatives Came (Big Book)

It seems like everyday of the year is designated a special day.   For some reason today May 18th is "Visit Your Relatives Day"....I tried to find out the origin of this day but couldn't.   So even though I don't know its history it gives me the opportunity to talk about a great book I used to love to read at storytime.  It also received a Caldecott Honor for illustrator Stephen Gammell~which in my opinion is well deserved. 


The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant and illustrated by Stephen Gammell is the fun story of a family visit that lasts all summer.   It is fun to read aloud and really gets the kids to laugh.   Like I said this book is one of my favorites because it always reminded me of family members who just dropped by when I was young.   This is a great book to read aloud~

No comments:

Post a Comment