Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Flashback Tuesday: Running the Road to ABC by Denize Lauture illustrated by Reynold Ruffins

I can't believe July is over.   It always makes me a bit sad to see the back to school commercials starting and the store shelves filled with school supplies.   I was recently reminded of today's book by a friend.  

Running the Road of ABC by Denize Lauture and illustrated by Reynold Ruffins was always a perennial favorite for me to put on my Back to School displays.  I love the lyrical words that describes children racing to get to school. I could always sense the enthusiasm of the characters.  The illustrations--which I love-- really match the words....so much so that it received a Coretta Scott King honor in 1997.     I also like the multicultural aspect of the book.   It makes a great read aloud that teaches children about children in other parts of the world.  In this case it shows a child's life in Haiti...a country that is still reeling from the devastating earthquake of 2010.   A must have book~

No comments:

Post a Comment