Friday, October 5, 2012

The 13 Nights of Halloween by Guy Vasilovich

It is Halloween time yet again.   My neighbor has yet to put up his decorations but I have been told that this weekend our neighborhood will once again be Halloween Central.   I am also excited because for the first time I will get to see what he does to the inside of his house.   Apparently I will be truly amazed.   In preparation I thought I would show case a great countdown book to Halloween.



The 13 Nights of Halloween written and illustrated by Guy Vasilovich is a wonderful book to help prepare for the big night.  I love how it is basically the 12 Days of Christmas but instead for Halloween .   It reads (or should I say "sings") so well that it makes a great story time book.  It is a bit different than the Christmas song since rather than starting with the  actual holiday  it starts before the holiday and ends with the 13th day -- Halloween---which of course is perfect!   I love the how each day we are "given" all kinds of spooky and creepy sorts of things like "5 singing skulls or 4 icky eyeballs" ending with "1 Skeleton Key".   This is a great story time book that has a potential for a  myriad of craft ideas that would be fun.  I would have loved to read this at a Halloween story time or party.   The perfect way to start the season off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment