Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Flashback Tuesday: The Day Roy Riegels Ran the Wrong Way by Dan Gutman illustrated by Kerry Talbot

We are doing inventory at the bookstore which is great because I get to rediscover some books that have fallen off my radar.



The Day Roy Riegels Ran the Wrong Way by Dan Gutman and illustrated by Kerry Talbot is a great rediscovery.  I  don't watch much football but I have good friends who love it so I try to pay attention to the games. Now that the Super Bowl is coming up and it is in my home state I really am paying attention. This is great book to show kids that football has been around for a long time. It also shows them how the game has changed. Of course this is about a college football team but at the time this story takes place college football was still a bit more popular than professional football. It is a great story of a sports blunder that was never forgotten.  It is also a good way to show children that even if they make mistakes it isn't the end of the world.  Dan Gutman is a popular children's author who the kids love.  He does really great school and store visits and takes the time to talk to each child he meets.  I also love the illustrations by Kerry Talbot.  They are really fun and whimsical.  So glad I rediscovered this book....great read on a snowy winters day two weeks before the big game.   

No comments:

Post a Comment