Thursday, June 13, 2013

Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made by Stephan Pastis




Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made by Stephan Pastis is a great new book for middle grade readers that is sure to keep them laughing.  I was immediately drawn to the book when I saw it on the bookstore shelf.  At first glance the title suggests a character who is not sure of himself but it is just the opposite.  Timmy is full of so much confidence and self assurance that I laughed out loud thinking I know kids like him. He  is an endearing character too because he wants to become rich not just for himself but to help his Mom  pay the bills.  This is the perfect book for kids who like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series which is probably what the author intended.  I like when an author grabs onto a genre but doesn't copy it verbatim.  I also like how it is a sweet funny book that doesn't talk down to the reader.  I can't wait for the next book in the series.....

No comments:

Post a Comment