Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Flashback Tuesday: Olivia Goes to Venice written and illustrated Ian Falconer

While I was helping a customer the other day at the bookstore I came across what I thought was a new Olivia book.  Imagine my surprise when I saw it came out a couple of years ago.

I have always loved Olivia...she has a spirit and enthusiasm that I wish I had.  I love all the Olivia books but I think
Olivia Goes to Venice by Ian Falconer is my new favorite.  Venice is at the top of my list of places to visit.  To see it through a precocious "child's" eyes is wonderful.  Years ago I met Ian Falconer and I remembered he told us that he based Olivia on his niece. Reading about Olivia again I realized she is just like my niece Celia who is creative and adventurous but who can also be stubborn and strong willed.  I truly believe there is nothing she can't do----just like Olivia.   This is the perfect book for the clever child in your life.  A must have book....

No comments:

Post a Comment