Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Just a Lucky So and So The Story of Louis Armstrong by Lesa Cline-Ransome Illustrated by James E. Ransome

I was visiting my sister this past weekend when I saw a new book on her coffee table.  She is friends with Lesa Cline-Ransome who had given her a copy of her new book about Louis Armstrong.

While my baby nephew was dancing and singing around the room I read this really great picture book biography.

Just a Lucky So and So The Story of Louis Armstrong by Lesa Cline-Ransome and illustrated by James E. Ransome is a new picture book biography of one of my favorite musicians. I love how right from the very first page we sense the joy that is Louis Armstrong.  Even though he grew up poor it never took away his natural exuberance.  He had such  a fascinating and storied life and career.  This book has a beautiful flow that makes it very readable in a lyrical way.  I love how the illustrations match the vision of this bigger than life iconic figure.  This is a great book for children to learn about the history of music in America. It would be great to read at a story time with Louis Armstrong music playing in the background.   It is a must have for any library and child's bookshelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment