Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Three Kings Day!

In my family the Christmas holidays are not over until the Epiphany, January 6th.  My Mom always celebrated the twelve days of Christmas.   On Three Kings Day....today she would make a special dessert, we of course would get a present.  When I was younger my Dad and I watched a TV Special called the Fourth Wise Man starring Martin Sheen.  He really loved it.   I didn't know until I was older that it is a classic story written by Henry Van Dyke.  Here are two versions of both Three Kings and the Fourth Wise Man that you might want to add to your collection of Christmas books!


We Three Kings by Gennady Spirin is a beautifully illustrated version of the Christmas Carol.   Love her work.


The Other Wise Man by Henry Van Dyke and illustrated by Robert Barrett is a beautiful version of the this classic story.

No comments:

Post a Comment