Sunday, May 13, 2012

Piggybook by Anthony Browne

When I did story times in the bookstore I always loved to read a book that the Mom's or parents would get a kick out of.   I knew they had to come and sit while their children had fun.   To that end this book was one of my favorites to read during our Mother's Day celebrations.



Piggybook by Anthony Browne is one of the funniest books to read to adults and children alike.   I included it in my last years Mother's Day roundup of books....but think it should get it's own moment in the sun.   How the Mom's would laugh because they could so relate to the story.  I think the average Mom is amazing....how many Mom's do I know that this is their exact circumstance.   This is a great fun gift for any Mother out there....because they really need to laugh sometimes.   When reading it to the kids the best part was when they realized that the Dad and boys were turning into pigs and that even the wallpaper had pigs on them....this is definitely a favorite read aloud of mine.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's who do just about everything!

1 comment: