Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Flashback Tuesday: A Giraffe and a Half by Shel Silverstein

Today is Shel Silverstein's birth anniversary.  He was such a talented writer who wrote such iconic books.   In his honor I give you one of my favorite Shel Silverstein books.

A Giraffe and a Half by Shel Silverstein is one book that I always loved to read to children.   It is a fun rhyming book that always has it's audience laughing with it's silliness.   Shel Silverstein wrote so many fun books for kids that sometimes this book gets lost in the shuffle.   ( I am also partial to giraffe's).  I like it because it is the kind of story that builds and builds with repetition that is a great story for a group during story time.   If your child love books like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie , which has a similar structure but id not quite as elaborate.   They will love this wonderful classic picture book.

No comments:

Post a Comment