Thursday, November 14, 2013

Dot by Randi Zuckerberg illustrated by Joe Berger




Dot by Randi Zuckerberg  and illustrated by Joe Berger is the story of a little girl who loves all her technological gadgets.  How many of us know a child who is so much better at programming the DVR (I was going to say VCR--which dates me) or setting up apps on our phones.  I know I had to have my nephew upgrade my phone for me because I couldn't figure it out.  This is a cute picture book with an adorable new character who is sure to charm parents and children alike.  I like the illustrations because they have a retro feel but are obviously very contemporary.  I like the message of making time to go outside and play but still understanding that most children gravitate to computers etc.  This is a great book for the inquisitive child in your life.

Oh and the author Randi Zuckerberg has also written a book for grown-ups called Dot Complicated: Untangling Our Wired Lives--- on the same subject---and apparently she is the sister of Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook fame.  So I guess who better to help us use technology and social media without losing sight of the world around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment