Monday, September 27, 2010

Gigi in the Big City by Charise Mericle Harper

Whenever I see the name "Gigi" nowadays I think of my Mom.   When her oldest Great Grandchild was born she announced she wanted to be called "Gigi".....she thought it was cute.   They even gave a cup with that name on it.....


Gigi in the Big City
Gigi in the Big City by Charise Mericle Harper is not a story about a Great Grandmother.  It is the story of a little girl who visits the city and all her adventures.   It has flaps to lift, wheels to spin and tabs to pull....and lots of other fun stuff.   I love the idea of this book....there have been so many truck books or train books that are really geared to little boys but this one is great for the little girl in your life.  Of course I would never stop a boy from playing with it....because the info about gems and subways and museums is great for any child.   If I were still a buyer I would definitely make this a significant buy for all my stores.  The price is right and makes a really cute gift.   It is a great introduction of city life for a child who has never been to one as much as a great book for a city kid to look at about their own backyard.   This is a fun book to own!

No comments:

Post a Comment