Friday, March 26, 2010

Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost illus Susan Jeffers


Today is the birthday of the great poet Robert Frost. I love when children's books take one poem by an author and make it into a beautiful picture book. This was done with my favorite Robert Frost poem using illustrations from one of my favorite illustrators.


Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost and illus by Susan Jeffers is really wonderful to read and look at. Susan Jeffers captures with perfection what a snowy night would be out in the woods. When I first came across this book and read it I felt transported to a time and place that was calm and reassuring. Robert Frosts words give way to images that we have all felt at one time or another. It is probably one of the best examples of author and illustrator coming together seamlessly. This is a great introduction to poetry for any child.

No comments:

Post a Comment