Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco De Mayo: Celebrating the Traditions of Mexico by Diane Hoyt-Goldsmith

Cinco De Mayo: Celebrating the Traditions of Mexico

I never really knew what Cinco de Mayo was....I just thought it was a Mexican holiday that was celebrated with great food.   (Of course the best to celebrate any holiday is with food but that is just me.) Anyway I came across this wonderful book that is a perfect way to explain this holiday to children, it certainly explained alot to me.   There are many books published about this holiday non-fiction as well as fiction so I thought I would just suggest one of my favorites.

Cinco De Mayo: Celebrating the Traditions of Mexico by Diane Hoyt-Goldsmith with photographs by Lawrence Migdale is a great book for kids about Cinco de Mayo because it is easy to read and understand for even the youngest child.   I love the fact that it uses photographs as they show the colorfulness of the holiday and celebrations.   It is pact with information but also tells a story.   So if your child wants to know what this holiday is all about then this is the book for you.

Happy Cinco de Mayo or Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment