Monday, July 12, 2010

Walking with Henry: Based on the Life and Works of Henry David Thoreau by Thomas Locker

Walking with Henry: Based on the Life and Works of Henry David Thoreau


Today is Henry David Thoreau's birth anniversary.   I always found his life fascinating...I would wonder what he would think of the world today.   So much of what he did and said during his lifetime reflects what  the feelings of so many people today.  

Walking with Henry by Thomas Locker is a perfect introduction of his life for children.   I actually think it is a great way for any one, young or old, to appreciate this renaissance man.   It is also my favorite book by Thomas Locker.   Mr Locker's illustrations are so beautiful that I feel so relaxed looking at them.   There are other great books for kids about Henry David Thoreau but I find this one to be a collectors dream....the best of both worlds....something for everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment