Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes

Did anyone see the moon last night? It was huge...it was still very large in the sky when I was out and about this morning at 7AM.  I was amazed that when I looked out my window in the middle of the night that the moon was so bright there were shadows on the ground.  It was a beautiful and inspiring sight to see.

It reminded me of today's book.


Kitten's First Full Moon written and illustrated by Kevin Henkes is a Caldecott award winning book.  Even thought the book is illustrated in black and white it still is able to convey the brightness of the moon.  Actually the shadows I saw last night outside my window were in black and white which reminded by of this book.  While the story is not a story of the Harvest Moon the images are magical and sweet.  This is a great read aloud book that is one of my favorites.  It is a great book to read by the light of the moon.....


Here is a video of the story....really sweetly done.



1 comment: