Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski illus by P.J. Lynch

The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey with CD: Gift Edition

The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski and illustrated by the wonderful P.J.Lynch is a very special book to me.   I remember reading it for the first time when I was putting it out for display.    It is the kind of perfect story that I love to read especially at Christmas time.   It is sad, poignant and joyful at the same time.   While I miss the original cover art I still love the illustrations.  
Whenever I look at the illustrations I get an ache in my heart because they are so beautiful.   This is truly a must have book that should be read every year at Christmas.   It crosses generations!  

No comments:

Post a Comment