Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: Santa's Favorite Story by Hisako Aoki illus by Ivan Gantschev

Yesterday was the Feast of St Nicholas a day that was always celebrated in my house as a child.  My Mom always made a special dessert and we got a little gift.   My sister  also celebrates only she puts coins in her kids shoes....as is the tradition.  


Santa's Favorite Story: Santa Tells the Story of the First Christmas

Santa's Favorite Story by Hisako Aoki and illustrated beautifully by Ivan Gantschev has always been one of the best Santa stories to be told at this time of year.   I was first drawn to the illustrations which were nothing like I had ever seen before.   They are unique in a warm and sweet way.   When I first read the story I loved how even Santa knows that there is more to Christmas than getting presents.  It is the perfect way to remind children what this magical season is all about.   A must have Christmas Tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment