Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Joyful Christmas: A Treasury of New and Classic Songs, Poems, and Stories for the Holiday collected & illustrated by James Ransome


A Joyful Christmas: A Treasury of New and Classic Songs, Poems, and Stories for the Holiday (Christy Ottaviano Books)
A Joyful Christmas: A Treasury of New and Classic Songs, Poems, and Stories for the Holiday that has been compiled and illustrated by James Ransome is one of the most beautiful compilations I have seen in a long time.   I love how Mr Ransome mixes the classic with the new. The new being new stories by such celebrated authors as: Pam Munoz Ryan, Joseph Bruchac, Katherine Paterson, Nancy Willard to name a few. I also love this book  because it includes the poem Christina Rossetti "What Can I Give Him" which was one of my mothers favorites.   I remember when I worked in the stores, eons ago, that I had one customer that constantly came in looking for his books because she loved his artwork.   She would love this book.    I too have always loved his artwork.   This makes a great gift for families as it has something for everyone.   I think it is also a great book to get for a baby's first Christmas as it can be cherished throughout their life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment