Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: I Am Phoenix: Poems for Two Voices by Paul Fleischman illus by Ken Nutt

Today is the birth anniversary of the famed naturalist and bird illustrator John James Audubon.  It is in his honor and because it is still Poetry Month that I chose today's book.  

I Am Phoenix: Poems for Two Voices
I Am Phoenix: Poems for Two Voices by Paul Fleischman and illustrated by Ken Nutt is a wonderful book of bird poems.   I have always liked the idea of books being written to be read aloud by two people (or more).   I think by making these poems interactive they become more accessible to children.   This book is a great companion book to Mr Fleischman's Newbery winning title A Joyful Noise:Poems for Two Voices.   I think Mr Nutt's illustrations are a perfect complement to these simple bird poems.  

No comments:

Post a Comment