Thursday, April 28, 2011

Storie Italiane - Italian Stories: A parallel text easy reader (Volume 1) by Jessica Kosinski illus by Julie L. Weaver translated by Claudia Cerulli

Today's entry is for my friend Joe S.   I have known Joe since High School and he is very interested in his Italian heritage.   So I thought today's book would be perfect for him.
 
Storie Italiane - Italian Stories: A parallel text easy reader (Volume 1) (Italian Edition)
Storie Italiane-Italian Stories: A parallel text easy reader (volume 1) by Jessica Kosinski, illustrated by Julie Leiman Weaver and translated by Claudia Cerulli is a great book to help teach not only the Italian language but about Italy as well.   The book has five stories that take place in five different Italian cities.   I am especially partial to this volume because one of the stories takes place in Palermo, Sicily which is where my grandmother grew up.    I like how each story has the Italian version on top of the page and the translation just below it.   The stories are fun and interesting and really capture the Italian culture and lifestyle.  This is great for a classroom or for a child who is interested in learning Italian as well as any adult who wants to learn this beautiful language.   I took Italian in school so this  would be a nice refresher book for me.   I am very rusty but this book reminded me how much I enjoyed learning Italian.  

So Joe do you like today's book?    Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment