Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Miriam's Cup A Passover Story by Fran Munushkin illus by Bob Dacey

In honor of the first day of Passover I thought I would recommend one of my favorite stories.   I like this one because it is told from a different point of view.  

Miriams Cup A Passover Story (Scholastic Bookshelf)
Miriam's Cup A Passover Story by Fran Munushkin and illustrated beautifully by Bob Dacey tells the story of the first Passover from Moses' sister Miriam's point of view.    I think it is a wonderful way to really explain what Passover is all about.   I was always intrigued by Miriam, ever since I saw the Ten Commandments on TV as a child.   I thought she was very brave to follow her brother in the river to make sure he was safe.  This is a lovely book to add to your holiday bookshelf.   A must have title for all to enjoy.   Happy Passover!

No comments:

Post a Comment