Sunday, April 3, 2011

Reference Sunday: How Did That Get In My Lunchbox?: The Story of Food by Chris Butterworth Ilust by Lucia Gaggiotti

How Did That Get In My Lunchbox?: The Story of Food

How Did That Get In My Lunchbox?: The Story of Food by Chris Butterworth and illustrated by Lucia Gaggiotti is a wonderful new book that explains to children where their food comes from.     I love the retro feeling of the illustrations.   I liked the way it reads too....it never talks down to the reader but doesn't confuse them either.  It is a great little book to help explain that food doesn't just appear in the grocery store, that it needs to be grown and prepared.   It would be great book to read in the classroom without seeming too educational.   I would have loved to do an event around this book because the hands on activities would have been fun to do.    

No comments:

Post a Comment