Saturday, April 16, 2011

His Shoes Were Far Too Tight: Poems by Edward Lear edited by Daniel Pinkwater illustrated by Calef Brown

I have always had a love hate relationship with Nonsense Poems.   Being a bit of a linear person I have always wanted things to make sense.   As I have grown older I have realized that sometimes things don't need to make sense or have a reason behind them....sometimes things are just fun for the fun of it.  

His Shoes Were Far Too Tight: Poems by Edward Lear
His Shoes Were Far Too Tight: Poems by Edward Lear  masterminded by Daniel Pinkwater (his word) and illustrated by the talented artist and author Calef Brown is the kind of book we all need in our life.   I wished I had this book when I was a child, maybe then I would have understood fun for the fun of it sooner rather than later.   Mr Pinkwater has picked some great examples of Edward Lear's poems to share with children.   I love Calef Brown's illustrations because they are the perfect accompaniment to these fantastical poems.   This is a must have book for a child's (or adult's) library.   A perfect book for Poetry Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment