Monday, September 19, 2011

Pickles, Please!: A Dilly of a Book by Andy Myer

I love Farmer's Markets....especially since I work at one selling my sister-in-law's Veggie Burgers.   One of the things I learned is that everyone loves "pickles".....I never knew that.   Of course the pickle stands sell more than pickles like olives and peppers etc.  What I love the most to watch is how all the kids love to go and get a pickle on a stick.....they are so cute walking around the market eating their pickles.  Some kids are so funny because they will have a pickle on a stick in one hand and an Italian ice in the other....I can't imagine what that combination tastes like.   This is why I immediately fell in love with today's recommendation.




Pickles, Please! A Dilly of a Book by Andy Myer is a great  book about a little boy who loves pickles.   He can't get enough of them. He loves them so much he steals away on a pickle truck to go to the pickle factory.   I love the way it the book reads and the fun cartoony illustrations.   This is one of those books I would have loved to read at story time.....oh the activities we could have done....and the pickles I would have brought in to eat!   This is perfect for the pickle lover in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment