Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Flashback Tuesday: The Quiet Lady by Charlotte Zolotow illus by Anita Lobel

In honor of Charlotte Zolotow's birthday I thought I would recommend one of my favorite books of hers.  It was actually very hard to do as I have always loved her books.   This one holds a very special meaning to me.


The Quiet Lady by Charlotte Zolotow and illustrated by Anita Lobel was always a favorite book to me because it reminded me  of my Mom.   Part of that are the beautiful illustrations by Anita Lobel but mostly because I could relate to the story by Ms Zolotow.   When I was  little girl I loved to listen to my Mother's stories of her childhood.   I loved looking at photos of her as a baby and thinking she was so cute.   I also loved to hear her stories about growing up with her sisters in Brooklyn.   This is a great book for Mom's to read with their children.  It would make a wonderful new baby gift or a first Mother's Day gift too.

Happy Birthday Charlotte Zolotow!

No comments:

Post a Comment