Saturday, June 2, 2012

One Dog and His Boy by Eva Ibbotson

I am always looking for books that I know kids will love and understand.  I have many friends who are animal lovers....dogs especially so I love when I find something for them to appreciate.  Eva Ibbotson has always been on my radar as a very prolific writer who always has something for everyone.  I was so happy to see her new book but it wasn't until I finished it that I read the back flap where it says this was her last book before she died.  It is sad to think she will no longer be able to delight the world with her words, but at least she went out on a high note.

One Dog and His Boy by Eva Ibbotson is a sweet and fun book about a sad and lonely little boy who always wanted a dog of his own.   This book has everything; friendship, adventure and heart.   It is very Dahlesque with a little bit of Jean Ferris thrown in....although for a younger audience.   This is a perfect summer reading book for young children ages 8-12.....not too hard but not too easy either.

Thank you Eva Ibbotson---you will be missed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment