Thursday, December 19, 2013

What We Found in the Sofa and How It Saved the World by Henry Clark

I realized I hardly ever do young readers books.  I know there are so many new ones being published but for some reason it is easier to flip through a picture book and get a feel for the story then it is a new novel.  That being said I was straightening and shelving in  the young readers or grades 4-6 section at Well Read the other day when I came across today's book.  I usually can tell if I like something by reading the first few paragraphs.  So when I came across this book I was so intrigued by the title that I checked out the first chapter.  I haven't finished it yet but what I have read so far seemed fun and fresh.



What We Found in the Sofa and How it Saved the World is a the debut novel by  Henry Clark.  It is a great book for kids who like humorous stories with a little adventure sprinkle in.  I love the three main characters River, Freak and Fiona.  The book has a contemporary feel but at the same time reads like the books I read when I a kid.  The story centers around the mysterious sofa and the unique crayon they find in it....I would tell you the rest but that would ruin the story....this is a great gift for the holidays for any child who loves an adventure story laced with humor.  I am hoping this is the start of more adventurous with these great new characters......



Oh check out Henry Clark's website....lots of fun stuff to read and see.  Website

No comments:

Post a Comment