Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Flashback Tuesday: Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner illustrated by Mark Buehner

As we head into winter (at least here on the East Coast) I thought I would suggest one of my favorite books about the fun part of winter: making snowmen!


Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner with pictures by Mark Buehner became an instant classic when it first came out.  I immediately knew that it would be wonderful to read aloud and use at story time.  I loved the story line of a child wondering why the snowman they made had changed and drooped a bit over night.  I love the imaginative explanation that follows from making snowmen angels to skating in the park to snowmen races.  I also love how Mark Buehner has hidden little pictures in the scenes to make the book a bit more interactive.  This is a book that has been so successful it has spawned a few sequels.  It is a must have book for any child's bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment