Saturday, February 20, 2010

Here Comes the Bride by Beatrice Masini illus Anna Laura Cantone


I am off to a bridal shower. My cousin's daughter is getting married in March so today is the family shower. I have always liked weddings...if only because I love to dance and eat cake. Bridal showers are fun too....alas no dancing but there is sure to be cake. In honor of the day I thought I would suggest this really fun new picture book.


Here Comes the Bride by Beatrice Masini & illustrated by Anna Laura Cantone was originally published in Italy. It is a funny story about a seamstress who makes wedding dress but when it comes to make her own she gets carried away. The illustrations are quirky and amusing...the expression on the grooms face is priceless. I think the main character, Filomena, is a hoot. This is a fun wedding book to read to a child if they are going to or are to be in a wedding. It isn't sappy like some can be. A really fun book.

No comments:

Post a Comment