Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Olympics: Let the Games Begin!


Back in January I told you about a book called Freeze Frame: A Photographic History of the Winter Olympics. Since today is opening day for the Vancouver Winter Games I thought I would suggest some books that might be fun & informative to read during this exciting sports event!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tacky & the Winter Games by Helen Lester illus by Lynn Munsinger --I love Tacky, he is one of my favorite characters. This book is sure to get anyone in the mood for the Winter Games! It is for ages 4-8 but trust me all ages love Tacky!!!


The Ency of the Winter Games by John Wukovits---great book that talks about the origins of the games with a synopsis of each event. This is the perfect book for the older child who wants to read about what they are watching on TV.


The Winter Olympics: An Insiders Guide to the Legends, Lore & Games~Vancouver Edition by Ron C. Judd -- Technically this is an adult book but I think it would make a great family book. It is filled with fun and interesting facts about the Winter Olympics and it includes this years venues. A book the whole family can enjoy and share together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So enjoy the games....and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment