Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Thirteenth Princess by Diane Zahler


Growing up I loved to read fairy tales. One of my favorite fairy tales was the Twelve Dancing Princesses. I loved how this story was so magical and that there was dancing involved. The version I remember reading had the soldier telling the king that he didn't want to marry any of the princesses but he wanted them to marry the prince's they had danced with. I thought it was a very romantic ending.


I was thrilled to discover The Thirteenth Princess by Diane Zahler. Another retelling of an old story. Diane Zahler has done a superb job of re-imagining this classic fairy tale. I love the characters and the way they interact. I wish this had been around when I was young....it would have become one of my favorite books. This is for any girl who loves fairy tales ~ young or old!

No comments:

Post a Comment