Saturday, February 6, 2010

Woof: A Love Story by Sarah Weeks illus by Holly Berry


A week from tomorrow is Valentines Day....I thought it was high time I started suggesting some books that would help celebrate the day. Valentines Day was and is a big holiday for bookstores. When I was in the stores it ranked 3rd after Christmas and Halloween. I had a district manager who really loved (no pun intended) Valentines Day and always encouraged us to make a big deal out of it.


Woof: A Love Story by Sarah Weeks is one of the cutest books I have seen in a long time. I love how a dog falls in love with a cat but when the dog says "I Love You" all the cat hears is "woof, woof, woof..."! It is a wonderful read aloud and can actually foster conversation about how just because we are different it doesn't mean we can' t love each other. The illustrations by Holly Berry captures the mood completely. A new book that is a sweet read!

No comments:

Post a Comment