Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Read Aloud Wednesday: Snow & Hearts!




Today is my first real snow day. It is snowing like mad outside my window ---last fall I suggested a book that I would like to recommend today as a perfect book to read by the fire.




Hooray for Snow by Kazuo Iwamura is the sweetly illustrated picture book of three little squirrels who go sledding with their father. Since my brother has three boys this reminds me of them.

Snow Day by Barbara Joose illus Jennifer Plecas is a great read aloud and fun story of how a little boy and his dog spend the day in the snow. Great family story too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I intended to write about more books for Valentines Day here are a couple of books to read together while the snow piles up....or not depending on where you live!


The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond is one another favorite of mine~it is just a sweet story of a little girl who catches hearts and makes Valentines with them.

Happy Valentines Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff illus Felicia Bond ~~the mouse from the If You Give series of books celebrates Valentines Day with his friends. This is a new book that all should love...as it is about a "mouse" we love. Since it is also illustrated by Felicia Bond I thought they could be read together.








No comments:

Post a Comment